Verizon Wireless has finally updated LG G2 smartphone to latest Android Lollipop build. Apart from just bringing the material design all common Android Lollipop features, it includes host of new LG specific features and improvements. The update is available via Over the Air download.
Apart from bringing material design and all that features which are included in the Lollipop build, it also includes the same LG G3’s user interface. After you apply the updates, your phone will be running VS98039A software version.
Changelog & Improvements
Verizon is happy to provide a changelog of what features are included in this update. The following things you can witness after updating LG G2 to Lollipop –
- Overall GUI is same as that of LG G3 under Lollipop style.
- Flat graphic design, makes fairly easy to use.
- Swipe upward on notification panel from lockscreen will only dismiss Quick Settings.
- Screen Pinning feature is added.
- Recent button added between Home and Menu button after update.
- Adds option of Search in the Settings.
- ‘Avoid Bad WiFi connections‘ under WiFi settings.
- Prompts ‘No WiFi Internet connection‘ when there is no incoming WiFi.
This was only just few, more can be read on official Verizon LG G2 document.