Guide on how to enable WhatsApp Two-Factor Authentication i.e., the 2-step verification [2FA or TFA].
Two Factor Authentication (TFA or 2FA) is the most popular way to add an extra layer of security. Also known as multi factor authentication or 2-step verification, it requires human to input a code that is only known to you apart from password and username. Google added two factor authentication on its products like Gmail some two years back and now WhatsApp gets it. If you are novice user, then here is our guide on how to enable 2-step verification on WhatsApp for Android.
Enable WhatsApp Two-Factor Authentication
So here is how you can enable TFA on WhatsApp –
- First download the latest version of the WhatsApp beta build, i.e., WhatsApp 2.16.341 and above.
- Now install the APK.
- Head to your WhatsApp Settings.
- Now tap on Account.
- You will find Two-step Verification option. Tap on it.
- Click on Enable.
- Now enter 6-digit passcode.
- Confirm the passcode.
- Now add your email. This will be used to reset your passcode if in case you forget it.
- Confirm your email ID again.
Once you have done with that your WhatsApp Two-step Verification will be enabled in no time. So here is the screenshot on my device –
Unable to see above settings on your WhatsApp, its the time to check for WhatsApp version on your phone. You should have version 2.16.341 or above.
Download WhatsApp with 2FA
This is one of the simplest method that most of you would prefer to download WhatsApp with 2FA. So here is how to WhatsApp latest beta build –
- You should be a WhatsApp beta tester. You can request for it by visiting https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.whatsapp and click on ‘Become a Tester‘.
- Now, go to Play Store on your phone and click on Menu to open Settings.
- Tap on My Apps & Games and select Beta.
- Now update WhatsApp from the list.
There you go!