Update ZTE Nubia Z9 Max with Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM thanks to CyanogenMod 13.
ZTE Nubia Z9 Max can now be updated to new Android Marshmallow through custom ROM. This ROM is developed by the famous aftermarket developer CyanogenMod. This is the initial release of the ROM so some of the functions of the ROM might not work properly.
This is the CyanogenMod’s CM13 unofficial ROM so you need to have Root access on your device before you begin with the flashing process. So, if you have root access on the device then you can update the device to Android Marshmallow using this custom ROM.
As this is the initial release of the ROM it is not advisable that you use this ROM for daily run. But as the future builds are released the ROM will get much stable. So, if you just want to experience the Android Marshmallow on your device then you can flash the ROM.
So, if you want to install the ROM than you can follow simple procedure mentioned below.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for ZTE Nubia Z9 Max device please do not try it on other devices or you may brick your device completely.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install USB drivers compatible for your device.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it if something goes wrong.
- Device must be rooted and it’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- Install custom recovery like TWRP on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android Marshmallow based Custom ROM
- Download the Android Marshmallow CM13 Custom ROM from here.
- Download Google app’s for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Connect the device to computer and transfer both the files to your device storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Navigate to the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot and the system will reboot in normal mode
You can check the device Android Version after the device boot up. Go to Settings > About Device > Android Version.
Thank you for reading the article.