The T-Mobile LG G2 smart phone with model number D801 can be updated to latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via Bliss custom ROM. This ROM is developed based on the AOSP code released by the Google. But as this is a custom ROM its unofficial as well as it's still in development stage so not every function of the ROM will work correctly. But still its worth enough to experience the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on LG G2.
So, everyone who is willing to flash this ROM must be aware of the fact that all the functions will not work correctly and you must not flash this ROM for daily run. It only for the experience purpose.
Basically if you are an Android Enthusiast who like to do new experiments on their device with custom packages, then you should go with this ROM and have the taste of Android Marshmallow on your very own LG G2.
Now we will discuss the procedure to download and flash this custom ROM on your device.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are meant for T-Mobile LG G2 D801 only, do not try it on other devices.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%
- Install LG G2 drivers on your PC.
- Back up all the necessary data to external storage restore it later.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM.
- Device should be rooted and it's bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom Recovery like TWRP should be installed on the device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Download and Update LG G2 to Android Marshmallow
- Download the Android Marshmallow based Bliss custom ROM from here
- Download the Google App's from here.
- Transfer the files to device storage and turn it off.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App's on your device (step 8-10).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- System will now reboot in normal mode.
That's all, device is now updated to the latest Android Marshmallow, you can check the Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.