Google Apps or in other words GApps are not preinstalled on CyanogenMod 12. If you want CM12 on your Android Lollipop device you need to download GApps CyanogenMod 12 from the official Google Apps for Android 5.0. Installing GApps CM12 is easy for people who have an experience of installing custom ROM already.
Installing GApps CM12
The process is not too simple but with this step-by-step guide you should have no problem installing Google Apps for CyanogenMod 12. There are six packages to choose from. The ‘Google Stock Package’ is highly recommended though the decision is yours. We are giving further instructions in terms of the ‘Google Stock Package’.
- Choose the package you want to download.
- Download the package; say pa_gapps-stock-4.4.4-20141121-signed.zip for the Google Stock Package. Don’t unzip the file.
- Boot your device into recovery mode. The procedure for this varies from device to device so look it up if you don’t know-how.
- Use the volume keys to select the ‘Install Zip from SD card’ option or the like of it.
- Go to the ‘Choose Zip from SD card’ option.
- Look for the downloaded GApps.zip folder and open it.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Reboot the device to finally have GApps for CM12 installed.
This post was last modified on March 10, 2022 6:29 PM