Guide on how to add or remove Apps from Apple Watch directly or through the Apple iPhone.
Apple Watch apps are not truly apps they are the extensions of the iPhone apps. For say if you download an app on your iPhone it automatically gets the download in Apple watch. So here the tutorial to download and remove unnecessary apps from Apple Watch which also include the latest Apple Watch 3 as well.
How to add new Apps to Apple Watch
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Open the watch app on your iPhone.
- Then go to App Store.
- Find the Apps you would like to download.
- Get on the app page.
- Tap Install. When the download is finished in iPhone it will automatically download in your Apple watch.
If you have automatic app install turned on, any app you download will automatically get the download in Apple watch, if it is turned off, you have to manually go to watch app to install them.
How to Remove apps from Apple Watch
There are two ways from which you can remove apps from your Apple Watch. Firstly from the watch and second from watch app in iPhone.
How to remove apps directly from the watch
- On the Apple watch press, Digital Crown once to get the list of app. The app needs to be in Grid view if they are in List view you cant delete the app so switch on to Grid View on your Apple watch.
- Press and hold on the app icon until it goes dark and begins to wiggle.
- Swipe around the apps you wish to delete.
- Tap the app icon and then delete app.
- Press the Digital Crown to exit Edit Mode.
How to remove Apps from Watch through iPhone
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Scroll to the installed on Apple Watch section.
- Tap the app you wish to uninstall.
- Toggle Off the Show App on Apple Watch.