Artificial Intelligence is one of the hottest topics of the 21st century, which registered its presence in almost every field. In the past few decades, the world saw tremendous growth in IT industries and other sectors that relate to them. There are two main reasons behind this growth, number one is the advancements in computer technology and the second is the introduction of Artificial intelligence.
Artificial intelligence entails various technologies like machine learning and deep learning that help you train complex data models and make machines self-reliant. Today AI is used from mining to space explorations providing a glimpse of what the future would look like. You can also become a part of this growing market by studying through AI Courses and start a bright career.
Now, let’s understand what Artificial intelligence is and get in-depth knowledge about it.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
In Layman’s terms, Artificial Intelligence enables a machine or computer to act logically and produce results similar to what humans do. It aims to mimic the human brain and achieve maximum effectiveness in respected fields. AI provides statistical methods and advanced algorithms to achieve numerous goals such as Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing(NLP), perception, Neural Networks, predictive modeling, reasoning, and more.
Learn more about Artificial Intelligence from this Ai tutorial:
Types of AI
There are mainly four types of Artificial Intelligence, let’s go through them one by one:
- Reactive Machines
It’s the first and simplest level of Artificial Intelligence that doesn’t store any data. It simply takes an input, processes the information, and gives an output. Static machine learning models are a perfect example of reactive machines. One of the popular applications of type AI(reactive machines) is the human face detection systems.
Here, the program will take the picture as input, identifies the human face, and creates a square box around it. A lot of Artificial Intelligence Interview Questions are asked level one AI for fresher jobs.
- Limited Memory
In limited memory, the machine is capable of storing some amount of information and using it to drive future results. From now on, AI architecture will become more and more complex. The majority of machine learning models use limited memory for either supervised or unsupervised learning.
- Theory of Mind
Theory of mind AI is yet to be achieved, right now it’s in the initial stages and mainly used in self-driving cars. At this stage, the AI starts interacting with its surrounding environment and reacts to human emotions and thoughts. For example, autonomous vehicles analyze the surrounding cars and make decisions based on the results. Also, voice assistants like Siri and Alexa act on voice commands and are also capable of telling jokes and emotional thoughts.
- Self Aware
Now, AI has achieved the nirvana state and became self-aware. At this stage, Ai will become intelligent enough that it no longer requires human intelligence to compare with. AI can update itself and thousand times faster every second for which we humans take decades. There are fewer chances of this happening shortly, but if it becomes the reality, maybe the Science functions of today will become tomorrow’s reality.
Applications of AI in different fields
Below are some of the real-world applications of AI:
- AI in computer vision helps computers to know their surrounding environments and create their visual representation. Autonomous driving vehicles are the best example of AI on the road.
- Natural language processing(NLP) helps you in spam detection, article summarization, marks allocation and converting human voice commands into machine codes to produce the results.
- Reinforcement learning enables robots to interact with the surrounding environment through various sensors and learn through their experience. Similarly, chatbots and game engines also utilize this type of learning which provides a more human-like experience.
- The recommendations engine is yet another application of AI techniques being used to improve the user experience. E-commerce businesses use it to suggest relevant products or services that a customer might be interested in.
- Last but not least, AI is heavily used in scientific research and simulations to prove theorems and reveal the secrets of the natural world.
Hope you’ve understood what AI is and how it’s changing our world. It will be interesting to see how people implement AI in different industries and the wonders it will create in the future.
This post was last modified on July 10, 2021 8:25 AM