But that is not a problem as you can download the update manually also. So, if you are anxious to experience the new Android version, then you can either download the update flash it or wait till it is available for your device.
This guide works only on first Generation of Android One phones which includes Karbonn Sparkle V, Spice Dream Uno, MyPhone Uno, Symphony Roar A50 and Micromax Canvas A1.
For those who are willing to download the update can follow this steps.
Preparing Your Phone
- Phone should be fully charged.
- Previous Android version should be 5.1.1.
- USB drivers for the device should be installed on the computer.
- Backup the important data present in the device.
- Enable USB debugging mode in the device.
Note: Although this is an official OTA, if flashed incorrectly it may brick your device but nothing will happen if you follow the process correctly. Still, we hold no responsibility.
- Karbonn Sparkle V Marshmallow OTA
- Spice Dream Uno Marshmallow update
- MyPhone Uno Marshmallow update
- Symphony Roar A50 Marshmallow OTA
- Micromax Canvas A1 Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Install Android Marshmallow on Android One Phone
- Download the Android Marshmallow firmware from here.
- Transfer it to device internal or external memory where it can be located easily.
- Reboot the device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power key for few seconds.
- Now, in recovery menu select Wipe Data/Factory reset option to wipe out the data present in the phone.
- Now select the Install option and navigate to the ROM OTA file downloaded earlier and select it.
- Confirm for installation if asked.
- Allow the process to complete and then return to main recovery menu and select Reboot system now option from the menu.
Your device will now be updated to all new Android 6.0 Marshmallow to check the version go to Settings > About device.