Asus ZenFone 5 A500KL was launched in July last year and it’s among the first ZenFone 5 variant to get the Lollipop update bringing the material design and host of new features.
Once the update is done, the following apps will be no longer available –
- Battery Widget
- Google Text-To-Speech
- Movie Studio
- My Frame
If you use them, better not to update.
Features & Enhancements
- Kindle app updated with material design
- Asus Webstorage app updated with material design
- Super Note app updated with material design
- Lockscreen: remove standalone wallpaper & weather info
- Quick settings/Recent app layout change
- Dialer/Contacts: reduce tab count from 5 to 3; remove group tab name/photo
- InCall screen: remove InCall animation & cover
- Set default IME as 注音 and English (remove 手寫+倉頡) when the system is set in Traditional Chinese
- Add My Ocean wallpaper
- Add Day Scene Live Wallpaper
- Add TripAdvisor
- Add ASUS Auto-start Service Manager
- Improve VOIP phone call function
- Improve music function
- Revise Wallpaper function
First you should ensure that the software version on your device is V184.108.40.206. If it’s something else then better update to V220.127.116.11 and then proceed with this update.
Download the software update package from here. Once the update is done you will be running V18.104.22.168. All other ZenFone 5 variant will receive the lollipop update too.
As of now the Asus ZenFone 5, 6 and 4 will be update to Lollipop very soon.