Officially there will not be any Lollipop update for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 phone but with use of custom ROM you can get it. Developers of BrokenOS for Galaxy S3 have ensured to keep the errors to minimum and in doing so they have achieved to breathe in a new life to the device.
AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 Android 5.1.1 Update
This tutorial is meant for guide on how to update AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 phone with the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware using the BrokenOS.
Preparing Your Phone
- Your phone should be rooted.
- Your phone should have ClockWorkMod Recovery installed.
- This tutorial will wipe all the data on your phone storage. Move them to SD card or back it up.
- This guide only works for AT&T Galaxy S3 smartphone with model number as SGH-I747, hence it should be applied to any other handset.
AT&T Galaxy S3 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update
- Download BrokenOS Android 5.1.1 ROM
- Also download the Google Apps package.
- Transfer them to your SD card storage by connecting the phone to PC using the USB cable.
- Disconnect the USB connection.
- Power off your phone.
- Boot Galaxy S3 in recovery mode. You can do it by pressing and holding the Volume UP + Home and Power button together at once.
- The recovery here is the ClockWorkMod Recovery and it should be installed on your phone first.
- From the recovery mode Menu select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset“.
- Now select “Wipe Cache Partition“.
- Also wipe out Dalvik Cache.
- Now from CWM Menu select “Install ZIP from SD card” and then select “Choose ZIP from SD card“.
- Now select the ROM file downloaded in Step 1.
- Repeat the process for Google Apps.
- Now from CWM Menu reboot the phone.
Your AT&T Galaxy S3 will take some time to boot with new material design update. Wait for a while.