In this guide check out how to update AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 Android 4.4 Kitkat update using the Dandroid Custom ROM.
Android 4.4 has clearly made to all the Nexus devices and Google Play Edition devices like Galaxy S4, HTC One and Sony Xperia Z. Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 Kitkat update might be delayed but custom ROM is always here at your helms before the official ROM arrives and it brings a lot many features improvements.
In this guide we have gone through procedure on how to update AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 Android 4.4 Kitkat update using the Dandroid Custom ROM but before that some pre-upgrade instructions.
Preparing Your Phone
- You will need to have Root Access on your Phone. And also install the CWM Recovery as well.
- You should enabled USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- You should ensure that your phone is charged to 100% battery life.
- This guide will work for only AT&T Galaxy S4 with model number as SGH-i337 but not with any other Galaxy S4 model.
- Please take a backup of your device first.
AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 Android 4.4 Kitkat Update
- Download the above ROM file to your Phone directly.
- Turn off your device when the download completes.
- You need to power on your device in Recovery Mode by pressing the Volume up + Home + Power button together.
- Once you see something on your screen, press the Volume Up button again to confirm CWM Recovery.
- Once in CWM Recovery Mode, from Menu select “wipe data/factory reset”.
- Also “wipe cache partition” is necessary.
- Also ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Time to install the new ROM. Select “install zip from SD card” from Menu.
- Then choose “choose zip from sdcard” and browse through the Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 ROM file.
- It will take some time to apply the updates
- Once the installation completes, select “+++++Go Back+++++”.
- Now select “reboot system now”.
Go to Settings > About phone to verify the Android version.
Please share this article with your friends!