AT&T LG Optimus G users have good news relating to software update on your device. As Phone will not be having any further update from LG, we bring you the unofficial Android Custom ROM from CyanogenMOD which will run smoothly on your AT&T LG Optimus G and you will be having the experience of the new Android 5.0 Lollipop on your device without changing your device to other Android devices just for sake of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the material design update.
So, all the AT&T LG Optimus G phone owners just give it a try to this most trusted ustom ROM from CyanogenMOD nightly release CM 12. Those who wish to have the experience of the Android 5.0 Lollipop on their AT&T LG Optimus G all they have to do is follow this simple steps.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for AT&T LG Optimus G users.
- Phone battery should be fully charged before beginning.
- Phone should be rooted and its bootloader must be unlocked.
- USB driver for the Phone must be installed on Computer.
- Phone data must be backed up for future restore.
- CWM custom recovery must be installed in phone before starting.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled (Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode).
AT&T LG Optimus G Android Update
Steps for installation of CM 12 Nightly Android 5.0 Lollipop are –
- Download the Android 5.0 Nightly 12 ROM file here.
- Download the Google App’s file here.
- Copy the downloaded files to Phone’s Internal storage.
- Switch off the device and reboot into Recovery mode.
- Backup the data in recovery mode by selecting Backup and Restore option.
- Then perform a full data wipe by selecting Data wipe/Factory reset option.
- Now perform Wipe cache and Dalvik Wipe simultaneously.
- Noe return to the main menu and select “Install Zip from SD card” option.
- Choose Zip file that was downloaded earlier (Cm 12 Nightly).
- After installing ROM repeat the step 9 for Google App’s installation.
- Return to main recovery menu and reboot the system using Reboot System Now option.
- Wait till the device is rebooted successfully.
Note: Use Volume keys for navigation purpose and Home button to select an option in recovery mode.