AT&T One M9 users can now get the latest Android Marshmallow by flashing the new CandySiX custom CM13 ROM on their device. This ROM is developed by the devs at CyanogenMod.
CandySiX custom ROM is bets version of the ROM so you can not expect that all the features will work as you want it to. But the ROM will get stable in the future builds. So, if you are an Android enthusiasts then you can give a shot to this custom ROM just for experience but not for daily run.
So, the user who want to get this ROM then they can follow the description but before starting with the process there some mandatory things you need to do on your device like unlocking bootloaders, getting root access and installing a custom recovery.
Let us now discuss the process and some preparation points for your device.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for AT&T HTC One mobileM9 0PJA110 phone, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Install AT&T HTC One M9 USB drivers on your computer.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Root your device and install custom recovery on it if not done already.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android Marshmallow CandySiX CM13 ROM
- Download the CyanogenMod CandySiX CM13 Nightly build from here.
- Download the Google App’s for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Connect the device to computer and transfer the ROM file and Google App’s file to your device internal or external storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given under it.
- Confirm the wipe action by swiping the button.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button to flash the ROM file.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device.
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
That’s all you can now check the device Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.
Thank you for reading the article.