Antiviruses are an essential part of devices today because of the incidents of cyber threats like phishing and hacking. There are different kind of protection tools like malware protection, antiviruses and much more to choose from, but if you are looking for a lab rated solution for all those threats, you should try Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. If you check the ratings for this Antivirus for Mac, you could easily assume that this program has all its focus on malware protection. According to AV-TEST, it detected all 100 percent of the potentially unwanted applications (PUA) for MacOS and for Windows it detected over 99 percent of malware.
Protection for MacOS
Bitdefender for Mac provides multiple layers of protection for the device. With this antivirus, you can easily eliminate the potential threats for your device.
Under protection user will get:
- Bitdefender Shield: It handles all the security needs so users don’t have to bother with the various settings. When it is turned on, it combines a series of innovative proprietary technologies to automatically detect and remove any kind of threat from the system without any impact on the MacOS performance and speed. It’s like turn on and forget feature.
- Time Machine Protection: Time Machine Protection is an extra security layer for your device, it protects the files from sophisticated ransomware attacks. Wannacry was a type of ransomware virus, these types of viruses encrypt the user’s files such as pictures, documents, media files and other types of documents. With Time Machine Protection enabled, users, can restore the file which was backed up by the Time Machine protection feature.
- Cross-Platform Malware Detection: The Antivirus detects and removes any kind of malware virus that target any kind of operating systems like Mac or Windows. It makes sure that the files you send to others are clean and free of any threats.
- Safe Files: This feature is named Safe File as it can help the users to assign a folder to be constantly monitored to prevent any kind of virus attacks. Safe files protect the user’s identity and allow users to select which applications they need to protect or not. It acts like a vault which safely stores the valuable files. Once the files are stored, only applications that you explicitly trust are allowed access to your Safe Files.
- Adware Blocker: Using a browser for certain websites gets annoying when some ads are just pop-ups. Even Macs can pick adware infections that can slow down the performance of the machine. Adware Blocker intelligently detects the ads and block them without the need of any extra browser add-ons.
Coming to the performance of the software, the issue with regular antivirus software is that they take a lot of time in scanning the files, which leads to a decrease in the performance of the device. This one combines speed and accuracy so users can get ultra-fast scans and the best detection rate. It also provides 24/7 Cloud-Based Guard Duty which gets constantly updated with the latest found threats so that your device won’t get affected by them.
There is a new feature introduced in the Antivirus called Autopilot mode and it is now more improved from the previous version. It acts as a Security Advisor and gives users deep insight into the security status. It can recommend security actions in the context of the system needs and usage pattern. This feature is really saving time for busy users.
There is a new VPN launched with this antivirus with this VPN users can easily forget about their privacy concerns on the web. It encrypts all the internet traffic of the users. It includes 200 MB daily encrypted traffic for Android, Windows, MacOS and iOS devices.
There is also a feature of Anti Phishing that protects users from online scams and frauds. It detects and blocks websites that are not trustworthy or they are made to steal financial data such as passwords or credit card information.
The Antivirus is available for 3 different packages:
- 1 Year Plan: For only one Mac it costs around: USD 29.99 and with Install & Setup: USD 55.99 and with Premium VPN it costs around: USD 95.98. For more than one Mac device up to 3 Mac: USD 34.99 and with Install & Setup: USD 60.99 and with Premium VPN it costs around: USD 100.98.
- 2 Year Plan: For only one Mac it costs around: USD 48.99 and with Install & Setup: USD 74.99. For more than one Mac device up to 3 Mac: USD 62.99 and with Install & Setup: USD 88.99.
- 3 Year Plan: For only one Mac it costs around: USD 62.99 and with Install & Setup: USD 88.99. For more than one Mac device up to 3 Mac: USD 83.99 and with Install & Setup: USD 109.99.
There are a couple of shortcomings of the antivirus too, such as that it won’t install the browser add-on itself, so you have to install them manually. The files in the quarantine show just Malware ID, file path and buttons for Restore and Delete, there is no button to show the full information or a repair option.
Excluding this, the Antivirus is overall a masterpiece and its performance is one of the things that makes it a better option compared to other software for Mac.