Blu Products recently launched one of their most affordable smartphones – the Blu R1 HD which is available at $99.99 and for Amazon Prime customers their is an exclusive device costing $49.99, the 16 GB model with 2 GB RAM costs $59.99.
Blu R1 HD Tips & Tricks
First of all congratulations for purchasing decent smartphone all within your budget. It’s the time to get along with some of the tips and tricks, most of them, common to all Android phones.
Screenshot on Blu R1 HD
To take screenshot of something important on Blu R1 HD, follow the process mentioned below –
- Navigate to the screen for which you need to take screenshot.
- Now press the combination of Power button and Volume down button together at once.
- The screenshot will be taken and saved in the Gallery.
- You can access it any time.
So that was quite simple as easy.
Factory Reset Blu R1 HD
The following process mentioned below will help you to factory reset Blu R1 HD smartphone –
- From your phone, go to Settings.
- Then head to Backup & Reset.
- Now select User & Backup.
- Now finally hit Factory Data Reset.
The above mentioned process is for soft reset, the below mentioned guide is on how to hard reset Blu R1 HD smartphone –
- Turn off your device and boot it into recovery mode.
- You need to press the combination of Volume Up and Power button on your device together at once.
- Once you are through the recovery mode, from the options you need to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Use Volume Up and Volume Down button to scroll and Power button to select.
- In the next screen confirm the action.
- Finally come back and hit ‘Reboot system now‘.
- Within few seconds the device will be stored to factory defaults.
Checking for Latest Software Update
The Blu R1 HD supports over the air updates. This phone comes with latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of box and you can check for latest firmware availability by going through the following process.
- From the app drawer click on Settings.
- Then scroll down till the bottom until you find the option of About Phone.
- Now tap on it and then tap on Software Update.
- Make sure that you are connected to Internet, WiFi is preferred and then click on Check Now.
- If updates are available you will be promoted to do it, or else no.
Blu R1 HD Root
It’s quite surprising to see root process available so quickly. We did go through the Blu R1 HD root process and it’s using the SP Flash tool. This comes from a member at XDA forum who was able to achieve root on his Amazon Prime variant[2 GB RAM/16 GB model].
Alternatively, you can try out different auto root as mentioned below and see whether you are lucky enough to get your device rooted –
Finding the IMEI Number
It’s always good to write your IMEI Number so that you can remember when you have lost your device. Hope it doesn’t happen to you but if it does, you require your phone’s IMEI number to track it. Here is how to know IMEI number on your device –
- From the phone dialer you need to press *#06#.
- If it’s a dual SIM handset you will get two IMEI numbers or else just one.
- Note that number.
That’s just one way to find IMEI number on your device, other methods are mentioned at –
Blue R1 HD PC Suite
Actually there is no official PC suite available for Blu smartphones. You need to get alternative PC software’s.
I think I have covered the most, do let me know if anything is uncovered here.