Galaxy J Recovery Mode: Samsung Galaxy J series is a popular series in the budget range of Samsung Galaxy phones. All the Samsung phones include stock recovery pre-installed. Do you want your Samsung Galaxy J in recovery mode? But first, lets us know what is recovery mode.
Recovery mode refers a separate bootable partition which can be used to recover the device in case of software failure. You can use this recovery mode when your device OS is damaged and it does not allow you to perform the task like back up data and others.
In stock recovery, the options are limited so the developers have brought in Custom recovery which has more options like Install, Wipe, advanced options, Reboot options and many other that are not available in stock recovery. You can root your device and install custom recoveries as well.
Now let as learn how to enter Samsung Galaxy J series phone in recovery mode.
Enter Recovery mode using Hardware Buttons
Follow the process mentioned below to enter Samsung Galaxy J phones in recovery mode –
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy J phone completely.
- Reboot the device by holding down the Home + Volume Up + Power keys.
- Use the Volume Up or Volume Down keys to scroll in the recovery mode.
- Confirm the option by using the Power key.
- Once done, choose the option reboot the system.
- The device will be booted into normal mode now.
Enter Recovery Mode using Command Prompt
- Install Android SDK and Fastboot drivers on the computer.
- In the fastboot folder open the Command Prompt window,Hold down the Shift key and right-click and select Open command prompt here.
- Type the command factory data reset options and press enter.
- The device will now reboot into Recovery mode.
If you have root access on your device then you can use Quick boot app from the play store.
The above guide works good for following Galaxy J series phones –
- Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100F, J100FN, J100H, J100H/DD, J100H/DS, J100M, J100MU
- Samsung Galaxy J1 Duos
- Samsung Galaxy J1 4G
- Samsung Galaxy J1 NXT or Galaxy J1 Mini
- Samsung Galaxy J1 2016 SM-J120F (Global); J120A (AT&T); J120H, J120M, J120M, J120T
- Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace SM-J110M, J110F, J110L
- Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Neo J111F
- Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini 2016
- Samsung Galaxy J2
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy J3
- Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro
- Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
- Samsung Galaxy J5
- Samsung Galaxy J7
- Samsung Galaxy J7 2017
- Samsung Galaxy J5 2017
- Samsung Galaxy J5 2016
- Samsung Galaxy J7 2016
- Samsung Galaxy J Max
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro
- All other Samsung Galaxy J phones
So, that was simple and easy. Do share this with your friends on Twitter, Facebook and G+.