Check out how to boot Samsung Galaxy S5 Download mode and perform root, install custom/official firmware using Odin tool.
Just like other Samsung Galaxy phones, Galaxy S5 also features hidden Android Download Mode which can be used by smartphone owners to flash stock firmware or install any custom firmware. In this guide we will show you how you can easily boot Galaxy S5 in Download Mode and perform the action that you want to do.
Unlike Fastboot or Bootloader mode as found in HTC and Nexus phones, Samsung uses Download and Recovery modes to manage your Android phone. While it a tough task to get through the Fastboot or Bootlaoder mode, it’s one the easiest task to boot Galaxy S5 Download Mode. Herein mentioned are the possible ways to get through Download mode on stock and rooted SGS5 phone.
Why Download Mode
- Install new OTA updates
- Root Galaxy S5
- Install custom firmware
Galaxy S5 Download Mode
Follow the procedure mentioned below –
- Power off your phone complete using the usual power off button.
- Ensure the phone is complete turned off.
- Make sure to know the location of Volume Down, Home and power button on your device.
- You need to press Volume Down, Power and Home button together all at one time for few seconds. <check image for illustration>.
- If it’s is successful then you will be redirected to a screen where you will see a green robot with test “Downloading… Do not turn off target” written on your device.
- It’s time to relieve your fingers from the device.
- Coupled with Download Mode, you will also need ODIN tool to have your job done.
The above mentioned guide will work for all the Galaxy S5 variants including AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular, Kudos and also the unlocked SGS5 phones as well.
If you own Samsung Galaxy S5 then you will be interested to read the following of our tutorials –
- Screenshot guide
- Recovery Mode
- Best Galaxy S5 Custom Firmware
- Best Cases & covers