HTC One M8 brings HTC Sense 6.0 user interface makeover on top of Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system. Do you like the HTC Sense 6.0 but doesn’t want to upgrade your phone with all new HTC One phone? If yes, you will be happy to learn that HTC Sense 6.0 has been ported to Nexus 5 phone as XDA member by name GalaxyUser has come up with this development. We were satisfied with his work to put it up before you.
Port HTC Sense 6 on Nexus 5
Although HTC Sense 6 APK makes the task easier but its not available and you need to manually put this process to get it on your phone. As of now it only works for Nexus 5 phone and there might be unknown bugs creeping in while you update. So it’s advice to take Nandroid backup while we enter through the process of recovery.
- WiFi Working properly
- Internal SD Card
- Sensors (Light/Orientation/Proximity)
Still there are bugs in this update, some of them are –
- Sensors (Accelerometer/Gyroscope/Magnetic)
- GPS (Because of sensors)
- Wi-Fi hotspot
HTC Sense 6 on Nexus 5
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Download the ROM file first(Mirror). Also download the NexSense Patch.
- Turn off your Nexus 5 phone.
- Press and hold the Volume down button and power button together at once for few seconds.
- Again press Volume Down button twice to select Recovery mode process.
- Press the Power button to restart your phone in the recovery mode.
- Controls: Volume Up/Down button are used for selection up and down while Power button is used to select highlighted option.
- Perform “Wide Data/Factory Reset” by selecting the proper option and then select “Yes- Erase all user data”.
- Come back to recovery mode menu and select “Install update from SD card”.
- Now select Install ZIP from SD card and then navigate to Flash NexSense.zip file.
- Repeat the last set to flash with NexSense_Path-GalaxyUser.zip file.
- Boot your device and enjoy.