After the launch of Celkon A119 Signature HD, Celkon Mobiles have introduced A119q Signature HD phone. This is the first quad core phone by Celkon Mobiles and this wonderful A119 successor comes with better offering. At the end of the post we have also compared A119q with A119 mobile phone as well.
Display & Processing Unit
While the original Signature HD missed the quad core speed, this one is powered with low cost MediaTek MT6589 processor supported with 1 GB RAM taking care of the processing unit. PowerVR SGX 544MP2 GPU forms the complete gaming needs to this handset. Device measures a thickness of 9.3 mm.
You will be very happy to see A119q with 12 mega pixel front facing camera with features like LED flash, auto focus, burst capture extending camera capabilities. Front 3 mega pixel camera provides 720p HD video while you are on for video chat at Google Hangout or using it with Skype.
Software & Battery Life
Packed with Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean version, it will be first Celkon Mobiles handset to come up with Android 4.2 version out of box. Does this mean Android 4.2 update for A119 Signature HD is near? Equipped with 2100 mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery you are up with 5 hours of talk time and you need to charge your device overnight.
Storage & Connectivity
While it has become common to include micro SD card slot supporting 32 GB storage, dual SIM with (GSM/WCDMA + GSM) is quite common as well. Talking of internal memory, it comes with 4 GB capacity although only 2.56 GB is user available.
When it comes to connectivity, it includes 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio and micro USB port for connecting device to PC.
Price & Availability
Celkon Mobiles provides free flip cover worth Rs 1500 if you purchase this handset at MRP of RS 12,500 in India although it will soon be available via online retailers.
Celkon A119q Signature HD has following specifications -
- Display: 5-inch touch screen display
- Display Resolution: 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- Processor: 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor
- GPU: PowerVR SGX 544MP2 GPU
- Software: Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean
- Dual SIM (GSM/WCDMA + GSM)
- 9.3 mm thick and weighs 177 grams
- Primary Camera: 12MP auto focus primary camera with LED Flash
- Front Camera: 3MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- RAM Capacity: 1 GB RAM
- Internal Memory: 4 GB internal memory (2.56 GB user memory)
- 32 GB expandable memory with MicroSD
- Connectivity: 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/A-GPS
- Battery: 2100 mAh battery