A guide on How to Disable App Notification on iPhone.
Many a time during work I feel like certain app notifications are disturbing me. Social messaging apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, and Google Hangout explode with a notification that includes sound, and appearance on the lockscreen and we have a habit to check them as they arrive on our smartphones. This is why most of the time I don’t turn ON Wi-Fi on my iPhone but that’s not the proper solution to the problem. The exact solution exists in disabling, mute or stop app notifications from a particular app on iPhone.
Quite surprising thing is that you can easily turn or modify app notification that you see on your iPhone or any iOS device. Apple gives you 100% control over what type of notification that you want to see on your homescreen or lockscreen. To do that you just need to follow the process mentioned below –
- First of all head to Settings on your iDevice.
- Now tap on Notifications.
- Scroll down and look for the app which is disturbing you. Tap on it.
- Now you have complete control on what do you want to see from that particular app. You can adjust how you want to see those notifications if at all you want to keep it. Well that’s the modification part.
- You can disable notifications completely by tapping ‘Allow Notifications‘ option.
That’s it. This guide works for iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPhone SE and every other iDevice. And here is the video tutorial –
This post was last modified on June 22, 2022 5:27 PM