Disable Driver Signature Enforcement: If you are looking for the perfect guide related to the enforcement signature on windows 7, 8 and 10, then you are probably at the right place. If your PC shows error many times due to “the driver is not installed properly” then there may be an issue of driver signature.
Today most of the drivers are of authentic version and should have an electronic security mark due to the authentic of the drivers which are generally verified by the Windows computer. If you see one of the most following messages or errors during the driver installation, then it is an issue related to the driver’s digital signature.
- Windows is not able to verify the publisher of this driver
- Or driver has been altered
- Or Windows cannot install this driver
However, there are some step that you can follow for disabling the enforcement of driver’s digital signature so that you can install any driver without any hesitation on Windows 7, 8 & 10.
Disable Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows
For disabling driver signature enforcement on Windows 7 of 64-bit, follow this -
On temporary basis:
- Press F8 key continuously at the time of booting your PC or laptop for accessing the booting options.
- Navigate to the “Disable driver signature enforcements” option and then press enter to confirm your action.
- So, the next time when you boot your PC or laptop, the driver signature enforcement will be disabled.
- The first thing you have to do is to open the command prompt on your PC or laptop from Start Menu>All programs> Accessories and then right-click in the option of the command prompt to run it as an administrator.
- Type the following commands one by one with entering:
bcdedit.exe –set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe –set TESTSIGNING ON
- Next step is to reboot your PC/laptop
- Your process to disable the signature enforcement has been successfully completed. For enabling this, you can enter following commands:
bcdedit.exe –set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe –set TESTSIGNING OFF
2nd method: for Windows 8.1 and 10 of 64 bits
On temporary basis:
- Find the shutdown or restart menu & hold down the Shift key at the time of clicking or restart.
- Now, you can see the troubleshooting option on your desktop or laptop PC. Simply tap to continue.
- Under the Advanced Options select Startup Settings and then finally select restart button for restarting your PC.
- Here, you can see yourself inside the Startup settings window, simply press F7 to disable driver enforcements.
- Open the Command prompt as an “Admin” by pressing Windows key + X.
- You should follow the same guidelines as discussed above for the Windows 7 in a permanent solution for properly disabling the signature enforcement.
Also Read - Auto Download Windows Drivers
These two above processes can be enough to disable the driver digital signature enforcement.