Download Android Wear App for iPhone

Android Wear App for iPhone

Google on their official blog has just announced that the Android Wear app for iPhone is now available, which directly means that you can now manage Android Wear devices from an iPhone itself.

If you got an iPhone 6, or iPhone 5S, or any other iOS device and consequently have an Android Wear watch, your quest ends here, just download the Android Wear app from App Store and receive all iPhone notifications on your wrist. You are also bound to get Google Now information like traffic alerts, flight status, weather update timely.

Currently LG Watch Urbane, Asus ZenWatch 2, and Huawei Watch, plus all the future Moto Watches will support iOS.

While the app is just launched, there are a few things that you can’t handle, hope will be in future version releases. It justified that Android Wear is accessible from 80% of smartphones, but what around remaining 20%, that what Sundar Pichai thinks off, hence the Android Wear app on App Store. With this move, Google wants to target two things in one shot – make Android Wear-powered devices manageable from most mobile phones, secondly to compete with Apple Watch. iOS is running on 14% of devices while 2.6% of devices are running Windows Phone OS. [Data Source – IDC]

Android Wear app for iOS is compatible with a device running iOS 8.2 or later, so you can run it on the new iPhone likes iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad, all iPad Air variants, all iPad Mini models, and iPod Touch. It will also work even after getting the new iPhone update as well.

Download Apple Wear App for iPhone from App Store

What do you think – Is it a great move by Google? Is it a win for Google or will Apple lose something?

This post was last modified on October 31, 2021 8:49 AM

Yogesh Patel: Yogesh Khetani is a famous Tech Blogger who loves to be surrounded by tech gadgets. So obviously, we can see his contribution here in that field. He also contributes to Now I am Updated website.