Looking for a budget phone for regular usage that can run most of the apps without any issues, then Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is one of the most popular mid-range devices as compared to other mid-range devices. The device comes with some good enough specifications to perform daily operations.
For any reason if you have rooted your device and installed a Custom ROM on it to have advanced features. Now, you must be thinking of getting further updates from Samsung and wish to remove the custom ROM, then here is the only way you can do this by flashing a Stock ROM. This stock ROM will have Android version 4.4.4 KitKat.
Now to update your device to new firmware or restore it to Stock firmware from Custom ROM you need to have Odin tool. Odin tool allows you to flash stock ROM, custom recovery, CF- Auto Root and more.
Now let us move forward and install Stock ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530F.
- Charge your phone to 100% battery level.
- Install USB drivers for your device on your PC.
- Back up data before starting for future use.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Stock ROM – Based on Country and Carrier.
Odin 3 version 3.10.7 or later
Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
- Download the Stock ROM file from above address to your PC.
- Extract the file to get .tar.md5 extension file.
- Turn off the device and reboot it into Download or Odin Mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down + Home for 2-3 seconds.
- Press Volume Up key to confirm when prompted.
- Download the Odin 3 file from the link and install it.
- Connect your phone to PC using a working USB cable.
- When you connect the device, the ID: COM port on Odin will turn Blue. You’ll also see“Added!!” message to indicate successful connection.
- Now, tap on AP or PDA button and select the firmware file.
- Uncheck all boxes in Options Tab except F. Reset time and Auto Reboot.
- Hit the start button now to begin the process.
- Once you get a PASS! message on Odin, your device will restart.
Once you have successfully booted into the firmware, you can now enjoy your new firmware.
Thank you for reading the article.