Mi Flash Tool download: To flash Fastboot ROM on any Xiaomi phones we need Mi Flash tool and flashing fastboot ROM on newly launched Xiaomi Mi 5 is not easy because Mi Suite doesn’t support the device. The Mi Flash tool does come with early support for the device but you have to update your existing to MI Flash tool to newer version.
Download Mi Flash Tool
This Xiaomi flashing tool will help you to install fastboot ROM to Mi 5 or Mi 4-LTE or any other supported handset.
Mi Flash Tool Installation
Follow the instructions below to download the latest version of Mi Flash Tool which does support the newly launched Xiaomi Mi phones. Check it out here –
- Download the MIFlash.zip file.
- Decompress the files on your PC and begin the MiFlash installation by click on MiFlash.exe file.
- Click on Next.
- Backend component will be installed –
- Windows security popup alert might appear, which looks like this. This is because of the error “Windows can’t verify the Driver” which means drivers can’t be verified.
- Click on Install this driver software anyway.
- Finish the installation.
- That’s it! Mi Flash tool is now installed on your device.
So that’s how you can install Mi Flash tool on your computer. It works great on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 PC.
Source: MIUI Forums