It’s been really long time since we had a new version of TWRP recovery also known as TeamWin Recovery Project. TWRP has recently released a newer version 3.0.0 with a completely new theme and lots of other stunning features. The new theme has material design. A true terminal emulator has been embedded into the TWRP recovery. The AOSP base has been updated to 6.0. Along with this there are many other features updated in the new 3.0.0 version.
Here we have some main changelog from the team of TWRP.
- True Terminal Emulator – Includes arrow keys, tab, and tab completion, etc. (by _that).
- SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed.
- Completely new theme – Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g).
- Flashing of sparse images – On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173).
- A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks.
- Update AOSP base to 6.0.
- Language translation – It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be available on most devices.
- Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower).
- Adopted storage support for select devices – TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow.
- Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP – includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy).
As we all know that TWRP is a custom recovery and to flash any custom file on your Android device you need to have root access on your device. TWRP allows the user to flash files like custom ROM, SuperSU, Mod’s, etc, which brings out the most out of Android.
Here’s the link where you can get your new V3.0.0 TWRP right now and install it on your device. Choose your device from the list and install it. If the device is not listed have a look at the XDA Developers.