Xperia Z5 the new flagship device from Sony has launched into the market with new camera 2.0 with many new features and the most amazing thing about it is the refreshed user interface. Devices like Z1, Z2, Z3 are still on old camera application with same old features.
Download Xperia Camera APK
But there’s nothing to worry as you can port the new camera 2.0 on your Sony Xperia Z1, Z2, Z3 phones. The application is confirmed to be working well with other Xperia devices having 20.7 MP G lens without any major bugs. The compatible device includes Z1, Z1C, Z2, Z3, Z3C. For Xperia Z3+ users like Z4 can directly download the Z5 camera ver2.0, they need not port it. You need to have TWRP custom recovery to flash this application on your device.
Preparing your Phone
- This instruction are only limited to Sony Xperia Z1, Z1C, Z2, Z3, Z3C models.
- TWRP recovery must be installed on your device.
- Device should be fully charged.
- USB drivers for your Xperia device must be installed on your PC.
- Back the data and apps in case you need to restore them in future.
Port Xperia Z5 Camera 2.0 to Xperia Z1, Z2, Z3
Follow the process mentioned below:
- Download the Camera 2.0 port file from here.
- Copy the zip file to device internal storage where you can easily locate it.
- Reboot the device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power keys for few seconds.
- Make a Nandroid backup from recovery mode. Tap on Backup and select all the options System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe the button to back up.
- Go to recovery home screen and tap on Install and locate the Port zip file, select it and flash it by swiping the button.
- Now tap on Reboot in home screen to reboot the system.
Once your system boots up, you can now enjoy your new camera app. If you come across any errors, you can always restore your previous ROM from the backup.
Thank you for reading the article.
This post was last modified on April 4, 2018 9:00 AM