Issue of Deep sleep is one among the other issues being faced by the users. Within days of launch Galaxy S6 Common issue of Flash Light always ON was reported. In this issue we will tell you how to minimize this issue to great extent. Generally when we switch off the Screen the handset should go into Deep sleep mode but that is not happening in many Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge mobile devices. Due to this large amount of battery is getting drained.
The problem here may be due to Rooting your Device, but there a complaints from Non rooted mobiles also. So, let as now discuss how to solve this issue, basically there are two methods to solve it.
- Re-flash Samsung Galaxy S6 firmware
- Force your S6 to go into deep sleep mode using terminal commands
Fix Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge deep sleep Issue:
1. Re-flash Samsung Galaxy S6 firmware:
Flashing stock firmware is nothing but to install the firmware that originally come with the device, doing this will take your device to starting stage when you purchased it. So, download the Stock Firmware from here follow the Instructions to install it using Odin tool.
2. Force your S6 to go into deep sleep mode using terminal commands:
If you don’t want to lose your data and you are not willing to go back to Stock firmware, then this is the alternate option using terminal commands which will force your device Deep sleep, but keep in mind this option requires your phone to be rooted.
- Download and install Terminal Emulator app from Google play store.
- Run the app after downloading.
- Type the following command ( su ).
- As soon as you type the command it will ask for Root access, grant it.
- Next enter the below commands one by one.
mount -o rw,remount /system /system
chmod 0700 /system/su.d
echo "#!/tmp-mksh/tmp-mksh" > /system/su.d/000000deepsleep
echo "echo 'temporary none' > /sys/class/scsi_disk/0:0:0:1/cache_type" >>
chmod 0700 /system/su.d/000000deepsleep
- Reboot the device after the process is completed.
- This will force your S6 into deep sleep when required.
We hope that the issue will be solved by one of this methods.