In this guide check out How to Fix Unable to Boot in Recovery Mode Error.
The Recovery Mode is used for advanced settings and features on Android. When the Recovery Mode stops working it is a real problem but it can be solved. Sometimes the device might start without the Recovery Mode. Sometimes a combination of keys might turn it off without our knowledge. There are safe and sure ways to fix this.
The recommended step to take if you are not sure about handling it yourself is to take your phone to a certified service center and get your problem solved. It won’t take much time and it will be safe.
However, if you want to fix the issue on your own, here is the most comprehensive guide. You can try anyway and take it to the service center if it doesn’t work.
The main problem along with any other problem caused in the process of DYI will be solved at the right hands anyway so why not give it a try?
You need the following basic hardware and software to get going:
- Recovery image for the phone.
- Your Android phone.
- A personal computer with a working internet connection.
- An ADB folder.
- USB cable.
To get started
You need to take care of a few things before getting started and they are:
- Charge the phone to 100% because if the battery is dead in the middle of the process, all effort will go in vain.
- Make sure you have a backup of all the data you would not want to lose because some parts of the memory will be erased.
- Have the Recovery Image file copied in the ADB folder.
Solve Recovery Mode issue
You are set to begin with the real work now so here are the steps that you must carefully follow to not make a mistake. If you follow them just as they are your problem will be solved.
- Install the Android Mobile Driver in your PC.
- Connect the phone to the PC with the USB cable.
- Download the ADB folder and extract it in the PC.
- Open the CMD folder.
- Type the location of the ADB folder wherever you need it extracted.
- Now type the given set of commands just as they are.
Set of commands to execute –
- adb start-server
- adb devices (Device name will show)
- adb reboot-bootloader (the phone is rebooted and set in the bootloader mode)
- fastboot devices
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot reboot
Originally posted 2015-01-20 20:44:00.