SuperSU is a superuser manager app developed by Chainfire, it give root permissions on your device once it’s rooted. But thanks to Chainfire, you can flash the SuperSU zip via a custom recovery and get root access on any Android device with the help of recovery flashable zip file for SuperSU which contains the SuperSU app and the binaries required to get root access. Download the latest SuperSU file from the link below and follow the instructions on how to flash it using TWRP recovery.
Preparing your Phone:
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Backup all the important data to some external storage.
- USB drivers for Sony Xperia M should be installed on the PC.
- Make a Nandroid backup of the current ROM in case the new version does not work properly you can restore it.
- Custom recovery like TWRP must be installed on the device.
- Device should be rooted and its bootloader must be unlocked.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Download SuperSu v2.46 (stable)
Download SuperSU v2.52 (beta, supports Marshmallow)
How to Flash SuperSU zip via TWRP Recovery
- Download and transfer the SuperSU zip file from the download link above to your device internal or external storage.
- Boot your device into recovery mode by using appropriate hardware buttons, mostly Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Now click on “Install” and select the SuperSU zip file.
- Now “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of screen to begin the process.
- Now select “Reboot System” option once the previous process is completed.
Your device should be rooted now. Look for the SuperSU app in app drawer. You can download the Root Checker App from the play store to check the status of root.