Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810P might be everyone’s choice but this is with some of the amazing features while priced on the lower side. Not many firmware updates of Galaxy Fame are available to port with but this one is certainly up and available. The S6810P Galaxy Fame can be now upgraded to unbranded XXAMAB based firmware. Interestingly ClockWorkMod Recovery is not at a requirement to update your phone as we would be using ODIN tool to flash your device just like it works for other Samsung phones.
For inexperienced users, this is an official firmware upgrade released by Samsung and as such this is a third part developed flashing tool is used here. Also you should ensure that you will lose root access on your device if you proceed with this update, you need to root your phone again.
Pre Upgrade Requirements
As you continue reading this article, we will go through upgrade procedure but before that here are the pre upgrade instructions which you should follow –
- It’s good to take backup of all your apps, messages, contacts, call logs & also backup Whats App messages.
- You need to enable USB debugging by going through Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Also make sure that you have installed proper drivers on your PC for Galaxy Fame to detect.
- Also ensure that battery life on your device should be more than 50%.
- This tutorial is for updating Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810P models only. No other Samsung or Android phone should install it.
Follow the step by step instructions mentioned here to update your Galaxy Fame with the latest firmware –
- Download Galaxy Fame Android 4.1.2 S6810PXXAMAB to your PC and extract the zip file.
- Download ODIN v1.85 which allows you to install the given update on your Galaxy Fame phone. Install it on your PC and run it.
- You need to turn off your phone and then you need to go into Download Mode. This can be entered in your phone by pressing the Volume Down button + Home button and power button altogether at once and as you see Android robot inside a triangle release all the three buttons.
- Now connect your phone using the USB Cable to PC.
- ID: COM port turns yellow in the COM port section.
- Inside the download folder and on the Flashing tool, select the following files –
- Click on PDA and select the CODE file. Ignore if not found.
- Click on Phone and select file containing MODEM name on it. Ignore if not found.
- Click on CSC and select the file name with CSC in its name. Ignore if not found.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file inside the archive. Ignore if not found.
- You need to also select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
- Now click on Start button on ODIN tool to begin the upgrade procedure.
- After flashing is done your phone will be restarted.
- Unplug your phone from PC and go through Settings > About Phone to verify.
So with that you have updated your Galaxy Fame with latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean release.