Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 may not get to update to the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop officially or may take time for Official Android 5.1 Lollipop to be availabe for Nexus I9250. But we have brought you the unofficial version of Android 5.1 Lollipop for your device. It is a Custom firmware released by Dreams Custom Firmware which will give your Nexus I9250 the look and feel of the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop. This custom firmware by Dreams for Android 5.1 Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 has the best Android features so far realeased by the Samsung/Google and its AOSP as well.
So if at all you’re curious to check out the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop OS on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 all you need to do is follow the below mentioned simple and easy steps.
Preparing your phone before installation:
- This instructions are strictly meant for Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- Phone should be rooted and its boot loader should be unlocked.
- Recovery tool should be installed on phone (CWM or TWRP recovery tool are recommended).
- Phones Battery must be fully charged i.e, 100% to avoid interruption during process.
- Backup the important date before beginning.
- USB drivers for Nexus I9250 must be installed on Computer.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on Phone, to do this Go to Settings > Developer options > USB Debugging Mode.
Android 5.1 Lollipop Update for Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250
Steps to be followed for safe installation of Custom ROM and Google App’s:
- Download the Android 5.1 Lollipop Dreams Custom ROM here.
- Download the Android 5.1 Google App’s here.
- Connect the device to the computer through USB cable.
- Transfer the files to the Phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect the phone from computer.
- Switch off and reboot the device in Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up, Volume down and Home button together.
- Backup the data in the recovery mode by selecting Backup/Restore Option.
- Now wipe the entire phone data by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Now perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache one at a time.
- Go to main menu and select Install Zip from SD card.
- Choose the Zip file (Dream Android file) from the SD card for installing the Dream Android 5.1 Lollipop.
- Repeat the step 11 for installing the Google app’s
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Reboot System now.
- Wait for the Reboot to complete.
NOTE: Use Volume keys for navigation and Home button for selecting an option in recovery menu.
That’s it your Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 is now operating on Android 5.1 Lollipop. To check the status Go to Settings > About Phone.