The first of the Samsung Galaxy Note phone can be updated with Android 5.0 Lollipop and you will have to depend on custom firmware for this purpose as there will not be any official firmware release by Samsung for this handset.
Preparing Your Phone
- Your phone should be charge with minimum of 80% battery life.
- You should have proper USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Backup of data on your phone is required. So take it.
- USB debugging should be enabled under Settings.
- Your phone should be rooted.
- Your phone should be CWM Recovery installed.
- Download CM12 Android 5.0 ROM for Galaxy Note and the Google Apps package.
- Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable.
- Copy and paste the download files to your SD card storage.
- Turn off your device and disconnect it from USB connection.
- Reboot your phone in Recovery Mode. Switch ON by pressing the Volume Up + Home + Power button together at once.
- Once your device has been through Recovery mode. Use Power button to select everything highlighted and Volume Up/Down Button for selection.
- From Recovery mode select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Also do Wipe Cache Partition.
- Also select Wipe Dalvik Cache by going through Advanced.
- From the Recovery menu “Choose ZIP from SD card” and navigate to the download ZIP file.
- Repeat the process for GApps package.
- Once that is done select “++++Go Back++++” to reboot the phone normally by selecting reboot system now.
Your phone will be rebooted automatically and it will take 5 minutes for first time setup.