Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 enjoy the latest material design by updating straightaway to Android 5.1 Lollipop through CyanogenMOD CM 12.1 custom ROM. It has all the features of the original Android 5.1 Lollipop and its AOSP version. As it may take time for the official update to be available for this device, so you can give a try to this Custom ROM released by the famous CyanogenMOD Android developers. You will also be able to get the Google App’s for this Android 5.1 Lollipop based CyanogenMOD CM 12.1 ROM custom update.
So if you wish to give this custom ROM a try before you get the Official Android 5.1 Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 all you need to do is follow the below mentioned simple steps to install the ROM CM 12.1 and Google App’s.
Preparing your phone
- This instructions are strictly for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 model.
- Phone should be rooted with Custom recovery tool and its boot-loader should be unlocked.
- To avoid interruption Phone battery should be fully charged.
- Download and install the USB drivers for Samsung S4 Mini on your computer.
- CWM recovery tool must be installed on phone.
- Backup the entire Phone Data before starting.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the device (Setting > Developer options > USB debugging mode)
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 Android 5.1 Update
Steps to be followed for installing the Android 5.1 Lollipop based on CM 12.1 ROM are –
- Download the Android 5.1 Lollipop based CM 12.1 Custom ROM here.
- Download the Google App’s for Samsung S4 Mini here.
- Connect the phone to Computer through USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded files to the Phone’s root memory (Internal Storage).
- Switch off the phone and Reboot into Recovery mode (Press and hold Volume Up, Home button and Power button together).
- Once in Recovery mode perform full Data backup by selecting Backup/Restore data option.
- Now perform a full Data wipe operation by choosing Wipe data/Factory reset option from the menu.
- Similarly after finishing the data wipe, perform Cache wipe by selecting Wipe Cache Partition and Dalvik Wipe by selecting Wipe Dalvik Cache one by one (Refer the above image for Cache wipe and Dalvik wipe)
- Return to the main menu and navigate to Install Zip from SD card option and select it.
- Choose Zip from SD card (select the ROM file) and flash it to install the CM 12.1 ROM file.
- After installing the ROM file, repeat the step 10 to install the Google App’s.
- Return to the main Recovery menu and Reboot the system by clicking Reboot now.
NOTE: Use Volume keys to navigate to a particular option and Home button to select the option while in Recovery mode.
Your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 will now be running on the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop from Google. To check the status Go to Settings > About Phone.