Hard reset also know as Factory reset, this option is used only when you are having any problem with your device software like Phone become slow, bugs & lags, and many other situation which needs to be solved as soon as possible.
Using hard reset function you will wipe out all your device data which you have installed after you purchased the device. so, by making a hard reset you are actually restoring your Z5 back to its initial state. That’s why, you can fix problems like boot loops, lags, bugs, force close errors, battery drain, heating problems, screen freeze, total blackouts and more.
There are few methods discussed below for how to Hard reset Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact, Z5 Premium. Follow this steps carefully.
Procedure to Hard Reset Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact, Z5 Premium:
- Power on your device.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- In Settings go to Backup & Reset.
- Now choose Factory Data Reset in Backup & Reset.
- Select the Reset Phone option.
- Click on Erase Everything and agree with the terms.
- Wait while the factory reset process is automatically completed.
- Install the Xperia Z5 USB drivers and the Sony Flastool software on your PC you get it from Sony’s official website.
- Switch off the Phone.
- Reboot the device by Pressing and holding Volume Down and while doing that connect your device with computer via USB cable.
- Enter into recovery mode.
- From recovery menu select “wipe data factory reset”.
- Choose “wipe cache partition”.
- After completing the process select “reboot system now” from the Recovery menu.
- Download and install PC Companion on your computer from Sony website and Open it.
- In main interface screen choose “Support Zone New” and select “Start”.
- In the new window select “Phone / Tablet Software Update”, and click “Start”.
- Select “repair my phone / tablet”.
- Wait a few seconds till the software initiate the selected process.
- Now, select the model of your device.
- When prompted, connect your Xperia Z5 with your computer.
- Now follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
- Power on your device.
- Launch the phone Dialer app.
- Type *#*#7378423#*#*.
- A menu will be displayed select Customization Settings and then Reset customization.
- Agree with the terms and conditions by clicking on Reset customization and reboot.
- The process will now complete wait till it does.
This how you can Hard Reset your device by using any of this methods which are comfortable for you.