This guide takes you the process on how to gain Moto X Play root access.
Motorola Moto X Play is finally launched in India costing at Rs 18,499. Amazing phone, with great tech specifications. If you own this phone and wanted to go beyond normal things in life, then we recommend playing with your device and getting it rooted.
Moto X Play Root access will give you permissions to install apps which requires root access. Furthermore you can try out various custom ROM as well but only after unlocking bootloaders on the device.
Preparing Your Phone
- USB debugging should be enabled on your device. You can do it by going through Developer Options Under Settings and then tick mark USB Debugging.
- You should charge your phone to atleast 50% battery life.
- Also take the backup of important data on your device.
- Bootloaders on Moto X Play should be unlocked.
Root Motorola X Play
- Download the SuperSu.zip file
- Transfer the download package to your device internal storage.
- You need to boot Moto X Play into recovery mode.
- Power off your device firs and then press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together until you see Motorola logo.
- Confirm boot to recovery menu.
- From the options you need to wipe partitions by selecting necessary options of Wipe Date, Cache and also Dalvik Cache.
- Now to install the SuperSU.zip file you need to click on Install then select Choose the Zip Package and Swipe to confirm the flash.
- From main menu now choose Reboot.
- Verify the root access.
That’s it. The root on your Moto X Play is now achieved.