In our previous article we have written about How to boot Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in Download mode, in this article we will help you to boot your device in Recovery mode.
This function in your device will not come into play regularly but it is important when you want to Install any Custom Android ROM’s, flash Google App’s. You can also perform Wipe data/Factory reset, Cache wipe and Dalvik cache wipe operations.
There is Stock recovery installed in the phone initially but you can also install Custom Recovery tool like ClockWorkMod and Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP), which give access to additional functions which you will not find stock recovery tool.
Boot Samsung S6 Edge in Recovery mode
Steps to boot Samsung S6 Edge in Recovery mode.
There are three ways to do this:
- By using hardware buttons
- By using ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) on windows PC and
- By using ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) on MAC OS X.
By using Hardware buttons
This is the most simple method to boot your device in Recovery mode.
- Switch off your phone completely.
- Press and hold Volume Up, Power and Home button for few seconds.
- That’s it you will be in Recovery mode within seconds.
By using ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) on Windows PC
- Install USB drivers and ADB for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge on PC.
- Connect the device to computer through USB cable.
- Open Command prompt and enter following command (adb reboot recovery) and hit enter.
- Phone will now reboot into Recovery mode.
By using ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) on MAC OS X:
This method is similar to previous method the only change in this method is you have enter the command in Terminal App in MAC OS X and provide the path for Android SDK file in place of /<PATH>/.