iOS 9 update is now available to all the users but many people haven’t updated to the latest software release by Apple. Many people are facing the issue of software update failed during the process and for those who have updated to latest build, they are facing various problems iOS 9 update.
Downgrade iOS 9 to iOS 8.4
The following process is meant for those users who want to downgrade iOS 9 to iOS 8.4.1. Downgrading your device is an easy process but requires a bit of time. If you have too many issues on iOS 9 then only its recommended to downgrade or else it isn't required.
Here is how to you can downgrade from iOS 9 to iOS 8.4 –
- First you need to download the IPSW file for the respective device that you own.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your PC or Mac. Current version of the iTunes is the 12.3.
- Turn Off the Touch ID and Passcode by going through Settings > Touch ID and Passcode. For iPhone 5C& other models, it might not be needed.
- Finally turn off Find My Phone by going through Settings > iCloud > Find My Phone.
- Now connect your phone to PC using the USB cable.
- Launch iTunes on other side.
- From iTunes Menu, select the iOS device from the left.
- Now hold down the Option/Alt Key on your Mac or the left Shift key on Windows Machine.
- Click on the Restore iPhone button.
- Select the relevant firmware file that you have got in step 1.
As soon as you hit that option of restoring device to iOS 8.4.1, you should have patience for a while as the process might take some time to complete.
If you are asking me, I haven't yet updated to iOS 9, happy with iOS 8.4.