Guide on how to get Motorola Moto E root enabled easily, although unofficial method.
Not too long Motorola Mobility (now owned by Lenovo) launched Moto E phone and happens to be the phone of the month. It's one of the budget smartphone available worldwide from May 13. While many of you might be waiting for its delivery, Moto E is reality with us and other people around.
Moto E Root
Let’s go through process on how to root Moto E phone and once the root access is gained, you can install whichever custom firmware you like. This process happens to be the first of it's kind although unofficial one.
Before going through Moto E root guide, follow these pre-mandatory requirements –
- You should take backup of your device if any important documents are stored on your device.
- Enable USB debugging by going through Settings > Developer Options and then hit USB Debugging.
- Also charge your phone to atleast 80 % battery life.
Root Moto E Phone
Follow the process mentioned below to get Moto E rooted -
- Download mfastboot package on to your PC first which unlocks the bootloaders. This is a primary step required to root phone from Motorola brand.
- Download the TWRP recovery image on to your PC first.
- Also download Superuser SU package to your PC.
- Copy both TWRP and Superuser SU package on your Moto E root folder.
- Reboot the device in boot loader mode by press and hold the Volume Down button + Power button for 6-8 seconds.
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
- Open command prompt and enter the following command –
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Press the Volume down button to select recovery on fastboot menu. That confirms recovery mode.
- Wait for a minute until your device responds and then press the Power button to unlock the touch support in Recovery.
- Select Install and then choose the SuperSU.zip file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the Super user permissions.
- Reboot the device in normal mode.
Also Read - Moto E 101 Tips
Do let us know if you face any issues during the process of rooting Moto E phone.