Google has recently released update for Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This new update is Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Nexus 6P. The users who are looking forward for this update can get this update Over The Air OTA or they can manually update via recovery flashable zip file.
You can also update manually in software update in your device. Go to Settings > About device > Software updates. Tap on the update options, if you do not seen any updates then you can follow the below mentioned methods which ever you feel is easy. We also have TWRP flashable OTA update method for those who have rooted their device.
Before we proceed further it is mandatory that you check your device build number and then download the right firmware for your Nexus 6P. The new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware is MMB29M. Now let us go ahead and have a look at the procedure to update Nexus 6P manually.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for Nexus 6P, do not try it on other devices.
- Device should be fully charged.
- Install Nexus 6P USB drivers on PC for better connectivity.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC. (ADB sideload method only.)
- Back up important data.
- Make nandroid back up of current ROM.
- Device should be rooted and it's boot leader must be unlocked. (rooted users)
- Custom Recovery like TWRP must be installed on the device. (rooted users)
- Enable USB debugging mode on the device. Go to Settings > About device > tap build number for 7 times > Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Official Signed OTA Update from Google