Google released its very own and revolutionary Pixel C tablet with wireless keyboard which makes it convertible. This device runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box. It is competitor to the device like Macbook from Apple and Surface tablet from Windows. Even though the features are not up to the range of Macbook and surface but it's quite interesting at such price range.
Some users might have wanted to try out new custom files on their device which may brick the device. If you are such user who unfortunately have bricked the device due to some reason. Now you will want a way to revert the device back to Stock firmware.
There's nothing to worry because you can actually revert the device to stock firmware just by following some easy steps. All you need is the Stock firmware file which you can get it from the link provided in the description and flash it through ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
Let us now go ahead and flash the stock firmware on Pixel C.
Preparing your device
- This instructions are for Google's Pixel C only, do not try to flash it on other device or your device will be bricked.
- Device should be fully charged to avoid interruption during the process.
- Back up important data to external storage.
- Install device USB drivers on your PC for better connectivity.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debuggig mode.
Restore Pixel C to Stock firmware
- Download the factory image from the link on your PC.
- Make sure you have setup ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Accept Always allow from this computer when you plug in the device for the first time to enable USB Debugging.
- Now power off your device, do not connect to PC yet.
- Reboot the device into Fastboot or Bootloader mode, to do so press and hold volume down/up and the power button simultaneously for 5-6 seconds.
- When you see the bootloader screen, connect your device to the PC using a USB cable.
- Extract the factory image file you have downloaded.
- Open the Flash-all.bat file from the extracted files and confirm the flashing process.
- Allow the process to complete, then reboot the device back to normal mode.
- First boot may take a while, so be patient.
If required unlock the bootloader on your Pixel C. To do so, issue the command “fastboot oem unlock”. If you need to lock the bootloader, simply issue the command “fastboot oem lock“, while your device is connected.
Thank you for reading the article.