Galaxy S6 Edge joins with Galaxy S6 in terms of latest smartphones offering and here in this guide checkout how to root Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925T smartphone running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
Root Galaxy S6 Edge
To root Galaxy S6 Edge we are here using the Odin tool on Windows computer. This tool is primarily used to root any Samsung Galaxy phone running on Android.
Preparing Your Phone
Before you proceed to root, you will have fulfill some requirements. Here are they –
- Your phone should have atleast 50% battery life left or else you will be in trouble.
- Download and install the proper Samsung USB Drivers on your computer. If that is already installed skip this step.
- You will also need a USB cable.
Galaxy S6 Edge Root Process
Follow the process mentioned below to achieve root access –
- Download the Galaxy S6 Edge root file.
- Extract it on your computer.
- After extracting you will see the following.
- Now turn off your Phone completely.
- You will have to boot device in Download Mode. Hit Volume Down button, Home button and Power button together at same time for 5-8 seconds.
- Confirm Download Mode when you see Warning Yellow Triangle Sign.
- Open Odin3, it’s exe file.
- Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable.
- Odin will recognize your device and the message ‘Added’ will be displayed on the lower left panel.
- Now click on PDA button and then select the CF-Auto-Root.tar file.
- Hit the Start button.
- Flashing will take some time.
- Once that is done you will see a Green Box with Pass message written in the Odin.
- The phone will restart automatically.
- Disconnect the device when you see Pass message in the Odin on the top.
That completes the process on how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925T smarrphone. From the App Menu, you will the SuperSU app.