HTC One is the recently launched HTC device and it’s the current flagship smartphone of HTC Corporation in Android lineup. HTC One is loaded with amazing features like BoomSound, BlinkFeed, Sense TV and Sense Voice over HTC Sense 5.0 the new interactive user interface.
Now everyone knows that the rooting provides super user rights on your Android phone, this can be achieved on your One phone as well. So once you have rooted your HTC One phone can access the system apps, files, directories and you can even modify them as well. But we recommend editing of these files for those users who understand the Android coding part. Secondly rooting is mandatory steps for any custom firmware.
But before rooting your phone there are some pre upgrade instruction to be followed, which are -
- You should ensure that battery life on your device is atleast 60-70%.
- Also ensure that USB debugging is enabled on your phone. You can enable it/Check it by going through Menu >Settings > Applications > Development and then tick USB Debugging.
- Make sure that the proper USB drivers are installed on your PC, so that your phone is detected on PC.
Unlock HTC One Bootloader
Unlocking the HTC One bootloader is a mandatory step, without which you can proceed to root your phone. Follow the instructions here to root your HTC One phone –
- Since HTC has officially announced that Bootloader can be unlocked, you can easily do it. Open the HTC Dev Bootloader page.
- On the right side in the dropdown menu select your mobile handset model and hit Begin Unlock Bootloader.
- You also need to be registered at HTCDev.com site.
- Once done you will be asked to provide the Serial Number, IMEI details along with the name, email ID and the contact number.
- Once that is done you will get an email with unlock code for bootloader.
- You need to enter the same code by following the procedure mentioned in the email.
With that you have unlocked the bootloader on your HTC One Phone.
HTC One Rooting Instructions
Follow the instructions mentioned here to root your HTC One phone easily –
- Download the HTC One root tool package.
- Also download the Recovery image. Rename downloaded Recovery image with recovery.img.
- Connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC and place the downloaded file to the root of your internal storage.
- Disconnect and then turn off your phone.
- You need to reboot your phone in the recovery mode or so called boot loader mode. One can bring the HTC One in the recovery mode by pressing the Volume UP, OK button and Power button. For your information in the Recovery mode, Volume UP/Down keys are used for navigation and Power button is used to select a highlighted option. The recovery mode here is the ClockWorkMod Recovery or TWRP recovery.
- In the recovery mode you need to select options like Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then Wipe Cache Partition to celar all the cache present on your phone.
- In the recovery mode now select “Install zip from …” and then select the Recovery zip file which you have downloaded and moved to internal memory.
- As when the recovery files are flashed on your device, once done you need to select the option of “Reboot System now” so that your phone reboots in normal mode now. It will take around 5 minutes to boot your device for the first time after the rooting is done.
Also Read - HTC BlinkFeed APK Download