As we might know that Galaxy Core Prime is an entry-level smart phone by Samsung. Galaxy Core Prime was launched in November 2014 with a 4.5-inch 480p display on this device with a pixel density of 207 ppi. It was powered up with Snapdragon 410 CPU clocked at 1.2 GHz alongside Adreno 306 GPU. A RAM of 1 GB was fixed inside and the internal storage was 8 GB while there was an option for microSD card present on-board. Galaxy Core Prime hosted a 5 MP rear shooter and a 2 MP front-facing shooter. It ran on Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box and it was updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop later on.
It is a matter of fact that your device is low-end device but you can still have access to many features than you are supposed to. But to do so you need to have root access on your device, now if your running Android 5.1.1 on you Samsung Galaxy Core Prime then here is a chance to get root access on your device. In this guide we will help you with rooting any model of Galaxy Core Prime.
Let us now go ahead and have look at the procedure for rooting.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Samsung Galaxy Core Prime all variants, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install Galaxy Core Prime USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Enable OEM unlocks under Developer options.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to root Samsung Galaxy Core Prime
- Download CF-Auto Root zip file from here.
- Download the Odin 3.09 from here.
- Install Odin on your PC.
- Extract the CF-Auto Root zip file on your desktop.
- Launch Odin from the desktop.
- Tap on PDA or AP button in Odin window and select the .tar.md5 file from the extracted CF-Auto Root file.
- Do not touch any other options in Odin, tick only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- Now turn off your mobile and reboot it into Download mode or Odin mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home button at the same time.
- Connect the device to PC with Odin open.
- Odin will auto detect the device and blue or yellow indicator will be shown in ID:COM box.
- Once the device is connected click on Start button and wait till the process completes.
- The device will reboot automatically, you can now disconnect the device from PC.
- Check for SuperSU app in the app drawer or download Root Checker app from the Google Play Store to verify the root status.