While HTC Corporation has release a page by which users can unlock bootloader directly, Motorola has done that. If you love to install custom firmware on your device for exclusive features access then you first need to ensure that bootloaders are unlocked. If you are finding difficulty on unlocked the bootloaders on the latest Motorola release, then Dan Rosenberg brings up the solution to it. He is a security researcher and he has actually figured out on how you can crack those mandatory difficulties. His release includes a tool to unlock bootloaders and it’s named as Motopocalypse tool which can be downloaded for free VulnFactory site.
This tool works for unlocking bootloaders on –
- Motorola Droid RAZR HD
- Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD
- Motorola Droid RAZR M
- Motorola Atrix HD
Note that you should have a rooted Motorola phone before proceeding to unlock the bootloaders and then you need to require connecting your phone using the USB cable to PC. While you proceed to unlock the bootloaders, let me tell you that your phone will void any warranty on your device if your proceed further and this process can’t be redone to relock bootloaders. Moreover the developers warn users because he shouldn’t be responsible for any damage to your device while using this tool.
Procedure to Unlock Bootloaders
- Download the file first from the source site to your PC.
- Extract the files on your PC.
- If you are on Windows then ensure that proper Motorola USB drivers are installed on your phone.
- Ensure that your phone is rooted and you have also installed the Super User app on your phone as well.
- You should also enable USB debugging on your phone. You can do it by going through Menu > Settings > Development > USB debugging.
- Now connect your phone using the USB cable and ensure that drivers are loaded perfectly.
- Now if you are on Windows go to the extracted directory and execute rub.bat file.
If you are facing any trouble then it’s because of the USB drivers. Ensure its working correctly.