There are many versions of Galaxy where you can unroot your device such as Galaxy S6 SM-G920V, Galaxy S6 SM-G920F, Galaxy S6 SM-G920T and many more. There are many reasons to unroot your mobile device. The most important reasons are first is if you want to sell your phone, second is if there is any software problem in your mobile device and many more. At that time you can unroot your mobile. Here, we talk about how to unroot Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
Before you unroot Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge first of all take backup of all your contacts, SMS and most important internal storage of your mobile data. After this restore it from mobile to Laptop. Before transferring data check it whether your USB Debugging is on or off, if it is off, on it. And second more important thing is Samsung USB Driver on your laptop. If this driver is not available in your laptop download it and then install it.
The above process would done before unroot Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. Now we talk about the process of how to unroot Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
The following steps are as follows –
- First of all, search model number of your Galaxy S6. For doing this, Go to Settings > About, you find out model number of your Galaxy S6.
- Download Galaxy S6 Stock Firmware Files – Samsung Galaxy S6 (T-Mobile) | Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (T-Mobile) and others from All Other Versions.
- Download ChainFire Auto Root Program.
- After finding out model number, Switch off your phone and press volume down + home button + Power button
- Now you will see one page, open and that page is ‘Warning’. After this one option is there that is volume up to continue.
- Now your mobile device is in ‘Download’ mode.
- After this, connect your Galaxy S6 to computer via micro USB cable.
- Now download ODIN in your computer. For doing this, go here and download correct firmware file for your Galaxy S6.
- After downloading, save it in your computer and unzip these file in one location.
- After unzip the firmware file you will see the file in this pattern ‘tar.md5’
- Now you will see blue box in the form of 0:[COM23]. If this box is not visible then download Samsung USB driver unplug micro USB cable.
- Now select AP and then select unzip file.
- Now click on ‘Start’.
- The process takes 5 min after that you will see PASS and your mobile will reboot automatically.
Originally posted 2015-07-15 09:05:43.