Samsung Galaxy Premier I9260 can now be updated to latest Android Lollipop 5.1.1 through CM 12.1 Nightly Custom ROM although the official update might be not be available. This custom ROM has got all the features from the Stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with other features like Visual effects and other Customization options.
This Custom ROM is so stable that you can use for a long period without hesitation. So, just don’t worry and give a chance to this Custom ROM and enjoy the all new Android Lollipop 5.1.1 on your Samsung Galaxy Premier I9260, or you can wait really long for the Official firmware to be released if it is going to be.
So, those who don’t wish to wait for the Official firmware and are willing to install this Custom ROM on their Samsung Galaxy Premier, just follow this steps.
Preparing you Samsung Galaxy Premier:
- This instructions are only for Samsung Galaxy Premier I9260.
- Phone should be fully charged.
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP should be installed on the device.
- Phone’s boot loader must be unlocked.
- USB drivers for Samsung galaxy premier should be installed on the computer.
- Phone data should be backed up.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled to do this go to Setting > Developer options > Check USB debugging mode.
Updating Samsung Galaxy Premier to Lollipop
To install this Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Premier follow this steps –
- Download CM 12.1 Nightly Custom ROM file here.
- Download Google app’s for your device here.
- Connect the phone to computer through USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded file’s to phone’s internal or external storage.
- Reboot the Phone into Recovery Mode (Press and hold Volume Up and Power button together).
- Once in recovery mode Backup the date again by choosing Backup and Restore option in the recovery menu.
- Now perform full data wipe by selecting Wipe Data or Factory reset option.
- Now select Wipe cache partition option to wipe cache from the device.
- Similarly perform Dalvik cache wipe by selecting Wipe Dalvik cache this option is under Advanced option.
- Return to main menu and choose Install Zip from SD card and select the Custom ROM zip file from the device and flash it.
- Similarly install Google app’s by selecting Gapp’s file instead of ROM file.
- Return to main recovery menu and select Reboot System now option.
Phone is now installed with latest Android Lollipop 5.1.1, you can verify the status in Settings > About Phone.
NOTE: First boot might take several minutes to complete please do not panic and cancel the process in any manner.