HTC HD2 is hot listed phone among the developers to try out various custom firmware’s. This phone is up again with availability of new Firefox OS available for updating. First phones running Firefox OS has gone for sale, named as GeeksPhone Peak and Keon and the new mobile platform is slow in adoption.
In this article we have gone through the procedure on how you can update your HTC HD2 phone with the latest Firefox OS. The process is very easy and can be done any user. Before actually proceeding to update your device, you should fulfill the following upgrade requirements.
Preparing Your Device
- This guide only works for HTC HD2 phone. Don’t try out out any other Android phones or tablet PCs. It may results in unwanted outcomes.
- Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your phone.
- It’s advised to take backup of your device and we recommend using Super Backup tool.
- Ensure that your device is charged up to 80%.
- Your phone should be rooted and also CWM Recovery is must on it.
- You should also have a proper data cable to connect your device to PC.
Ensuring that you have followed these steps you are ready to move next.
Note: This process applies on HTC HD2 phone only. You should apply it at your own risk.
- Download the Firefox OS for HTC HD2 (Boot2Gecko) on to your PC.
- Connect your phone using the USB cable to PC and select Mass Storage option.
- Copy the downloaded files without any modifications to the root of your device’s external memory.
- Turn off your phone so that you can enter it in Recovery Mode. The recovery mode so called as CWM Recovery can be done by pressing the Volume Down + Power button + Home button altogether at once. When you see something on your device, release the sets of buttons.
- In the recovery menu, volume down and volume up buttons are used to navigate among options and power button is used to select highlighted option.
- Select “Wipe Data/Factory reset” option to clear up the current OS on your phone.
- Now select “Install ZIP from SD card” and browse through the downloaded files in step 1.
- Once select go through confirmation message.
- Installation will take couple of minutes and once it’s done, select “++++Go Back++++” and finally select “Reboot System Now” option.
- Your phone will reboot automatically and it might take few minutes to boot your device with new Firefox OS.
- Congratulations you have now installed Firefox OS on your HTC HD2 phone.
This was simple and easy guide. Be social and share with others.