Latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM AICP 11.0 is now available for Sprint LG G2 LS980. The users can now download the custom ROM file and flash it on their device through custom recovery like CWM or TWRP (recommended).
This ROM is in the initial stage so you can not expect that all the features of the ROM will work correctly. So, if you are looking forward to flash a ROM that can be used on daily basis than this is not the correct one for you but if you want just to try out the ROM on your device for experience then you can flash it.
Make sure that if you want to flash the ROM then you need to Root your device first which will void your device warrant. So, keeping this in mind if you think you want to try out the ROM then you can follow the below mentioned steps to download and flash the ROM on your LG G2.
Let us know go ahead and learn the procedure to flash the ROM successfully.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly limited for Sprint LG G2 LS980 model of the device, if you try it on other device then you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged to avoid interruption in the process.
- Back up all the data and also make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM.
- Install USB drivers of the device on your PC.
- Device should be rooted and it’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP must be installed on your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android Marshmallow Custom ROM-AICP 11.0
- Download Android Marshmallow custom ROM – AICP 11.0 file from here.
- Download Google app’s for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Connect the device to PC and transfer both files to device internal storage.
- Disconnect the device and switch it off.
- Reboot the device into Recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down and Power key for few seconds.
- While in recovery tap on Wipe options and select all the options available.
- Return to main menu and tap on Install option and navigate to ROM file stored on your device.
- Select the file and flash it by using Swipe to wipe button.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s file.
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot to reboot the device into normal mode.
- That’s all you can now check the Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.