New Stock Sense 7 custom ROM is now available to update HTC Eye M910n to latest Android Marshmallow. The users of this device can now install the ROM to taste to Marshmallow on their device. This custom ROM can be downloaded from the description and then you can follow the steps mentioned below to flash the ROM on HTC Eye.
This Stock Sense ROM comes with features like Aroma de-bloating and others. But not all the features of this will work properly as the ROM is in it’s developing stage. But the future builds of this ROM will get stable as they are released. To flash this ROM on your device you need to have root access which will void your device warranty.
So, if you are aware that the device warranty will void and still willing to flash this ROM then you can follow the below mentioned steps and update the Android version of your device to Android marshmallow.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are limited strictly to HTC Eye M910n, do not try it on other models or devices.
- Device battery should be fully charged.
- Back up the data required to external storage.
- Also make a nandroid Back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it if the custom ROM does not work good.
- Install HTC Eye USB drivers on your computer.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked and the device is rooted.
- Custom recovery like TWRP or CWM must be installed on your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android Marshmallow stock Sense 7 custom ROM
- Download the Android Marshmallow Stock Sense 7 custom ROM for HTC Eye from here.
- Connect the device to computer.
- Transfer the ROM file and Google App’s file to your device root storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select the Data, Cache, Dalvik cache options given under it.
- The swipe the Swipe to Wipe button.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the custom ROM file and select it, then swipe the Swipe to Flash button.
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot tab, system will now reboot in normal mode.
That’s all your device is now updated to Android Marshmallow with help of stock Sense 7 ROM. To check the status go to Settings > About Device > Android Version.
Thank you for reading the article.