Here in this guide check out how you can update your HTC Explorer with Android 4.4 Kitkat custom firmware, credit to Beanstalk.
It’s clear that HTC Explorer will not receive official Android 4.4 Kitkat update but Samsung has promised Kitkat update to mid-range devices. Check what is the actual Samsung Android 4.4 Kitkat update schedule. Anyways you can update your HTC Explorer with custom 4.4 Kitkat firmware and here in this guide we have gone through the complete process of doing it.
Before updating you should backup your device first and also see that USB Debugging is enabled on your device. For installing the Custom ROM, rooting on your device is necessary and also make sure to charge your phone to 100% battery life.
Download the following files
- HTC Explorer KitKat Custom ROM
- Google Apps Package
HTC Explorer Android 4.4 Kitkat Update
Follow the process mentioned below -
- If you have downloaded to your PC then transfer to phone storage. It’s better to download it directly on your phone.
- Download the ROM Manager APP and install the custom recovery image to your device.
- Now boot your device in Recovery Mode by selecting appropriate options.
- In the recovery mode menu take the backup of your device first by selecting the necessary options.
- Once that is done, clear off all the data like Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Then “install zip from sd card” and then select “Choose zip from SD card”. Navigate to the file location on your device.
- Repeat the process for Google Apps packages.
- Once that is done hit “Go Back” and then select “reboot system now”.
- Your device will now reboot normally.
That will install the Android 4.4 Kitkat on your HTC Explorer phone. Go to Settings > About Phone and check for Android version.